- Provide primary health care during the academic year for routine concerns
- Diagnose and treat short-term physical illness and minor injuries
- Prescribe medications and perform routine lab work
- Give vaccinations or regular allergy injections
- Perform annual gynecological exams and PAP tests and address routine gynecological problems and concerns
- Provide birth control, emergency contraception and sexual protection to both male and female students
- Test for and treat sexually transmitted infections
- Refer for long-term or complex medical treatment with off-campus specialists, as warranted
- Provide educational programs a on a variety of health issues relevant to college students.
КЛИНИКА ДЛЯ СТУДЕНТОВ В БАРД КОЛЛЕДЖЕ
(BARD COLLEGE HEALTH SERVICES)
Клиника для студентов в находится на севере кампуса по Robbins Road, одноэтажное белое здание слева если вы идете в сторону Фишер Центр.
Вас примет NURSE PRACTITIONER (NP). NP высоко-квалифицированные медсестры с Мастерс дипломом. NP это
эквивалент терапевта или фельдшера в России, они могут поставить диагноз, выписать лекарство, заказать анализы и лечить.
The Health Service staff utilizes professional, ethical, and mandated standards of confidentiality. Family members, faculty, coaches, employers, etc., will not be given any information unless the student gives permission to do so. Maintenance of records is in accordance with professional and legal guidelines. All personal information is kept in locked files in the Student Health Service, which are secured at the end of each workday.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote the idea that health care is a partnership between the student and the health care provider.
- To promote optimal physical, emotional, intellectual, and social well being through preventive and primary care.
- To promote a holistic and integrative approach to student health care.
- To provide health education to the student and the Bard community. To advocate for students with regard to health care issues.