Immunization records or exemptions are due July 1 or 30 days prior to program start.
FAQs for Parents/Guardians of Incoming Students
We encourage you to explore our website for information about our services and policies. However, below are some of the most commonly asked questions about health services at Bard. There is also an FAQ section on the Insurance tab that addresses questions regarding health insurance. In the event that you cannot find the answer to your questions below or on our other pages, feel free to contact us by email or call our office at 845-758-7433 during business hours.
What to Bring to Bard
We recommend that you come with a basic "medicine cabinet," which includes:
- Any prescription medications you take in their original bottles
- A thermometer that you know how to use (a true fever starts at 100.5° F/ 38° C)
- Over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Band-Aids and a topical antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin
- Cold medicines, such as decongestants, cough syrup, or cough drops
- Oral allergy medications such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Hydrocortisone cream for itchy bug bites or rashes
- Bug spray
- Tweezers or special tick remover